Oops, it’s been over a year since my last post! Oh, well!
Some things I’ve done since the last post:
- Bike camping trip to Nestucca River Road and Willamette Mission State Park [days: 1, 2, 3]
- Volunteering for Cycle Oregon’s Joy Ride and Weekend Ride
- Volunteering for PDX World Naked Bike Ride
- I climbed Mount Tabor on a big, heavy, orange bike.
- Volunteering for Bridge Pedal
- I bought a new bike!
- Bike camping trip Salem -> Breitenbush -> Milo McIver State Park [days: 1, 2, 3]
- Rode Cycle Oregon’s Week Ride
- Spent 2 weeks in New Zealand, including a 4 day backpacking trip on Banks Peninsula [days: 1, 2, 3, 4]
- Participated in the Portland Women’s March
- I moved. Partially by bike. During the week we had 10 inches of snow on the ground. Studded tires are awesome.
- Volunteering for the Worst Day of the Year ride
- Bike camping (probably illegal camping, oops!) out at Molalla River Recreation Area [days: 1, 2]
- Aborted bike camping trip to Gaston, OR and beyond.
- Spent 2.5 weeks in Japan, including 10 days of backpacking (9 days on the trail and a rest day) [quick summary post coming soon]
Despite how I feel, it’s been a busy year!
Current status is that I’m trying to get psyched to work on a WordPress plugin to layer posts on a map. So something like post which embeds a map which embeds other posts (photos, videos, text entries, and, importantly, gpx/kml/whatever tracks), which is something I want for ride reports. I recently heard an episode of the Sprocket Podcast talking about RideWithGPS’s new ride report feature which sounds very much like what I want, but I want to own the data and everything, so I may take inspiration from that feature, but would prefer to host it myself.
Probably see you again in a year! But hopefully before then!