words with kitchen

real life adventures of an aspiring adult

Tag: ruby

  • Google My Maps to Galileo Offline Maps

    As I mentioned in a previous post, I’m using Google My Maps as my primary tool for creating my map for Te Araroa, mapping estimated day stopping points, resupply points, etc. This tool has been invaluable for this purpose. It’s very easy to use, allows me to add custom icons to the points on the…

  • DreamHost, rvm, capistrano, fun!

    I recently started setting up ktc.hn as a url shortener for my blog. I decided to make it a little Sinatra app, which meant I got to play with my standard box of tools for deploying Ruby applications: rvm, capistrano, and passenger. Since things weren’t super straightforward, I figured I’d write up this post to share what I…